1. 2 cups of uncooked long grain rice
2. 1 pound of lean ground beef
3. 3-4 table spoons of thin soy sauce (sii- iw^ khaao+)
1. “gra’thiem- jiaaw”- (chopped garlic, cooked in hot oil til yellow)
2. “hawm daeng- soi”- (sliced shallots)
3. “ton hawm soi”- (cut-up scallions or green onion)
4. “prig^ khii nuu haeng” thawd” (fried, dried mouse-shit pepper)
1. Cook rice with a tiny-bit little less water than usual. (normal is 1 1/4 cup water to 1 cup rice)
2. Empty cooked rice into a big bowl, put beef and thin soy sauce.
Mix it well (your hand can be the best tool:>).
3. Devide the mixed ingredients in to portions. Wrap each portion with aluminum foil.
4. Steam them for 25-30 minutes
P.S. If you use fresh or frozen banana leaves to wrap it instead of aluminum foil…you’ll get a much better taste!