This Thai Ginger Chicken recipe – Pad Gai King – is excellent and quick to prepare.
- 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- a pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2-3 Thai chile peppers
- 3 tablespoons scallion/green onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- Thai pepper powder
- optionally you can add a cup of jalapeno peppers
- The bulbs of 3/4 scallions, and some cilantro/coriander leaves for garnish
Mix the fish sauce, soy and oyster sauce ready for use,
Bring the oil to the smoking point in an adequately large wok, and add the chicken and garlic, and stir fry until the chicken begins to change color (this is quite quick, so don’t overcook).
Add the sauce and stir until it returns to a bubbling consistency, then add the remaining ingredients, and stir until the chicken is cooked.
The recipe for pork is identical, beef if it is used should be marinated in a mixture of 2 tablespoons of whiskey and the fish sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce, which should be retained after marination to be added to the cooking.
Sprinkle Thai pepper powder over the dish and serve your Thai Ginger Chicken recipe over Thai jasmine rice, or in a serving bowl with other Thai food recipe dishes.