Japanese hot tofu or yudofu is a known winter-time dish in Japan. It is made of solidify soy milk formed into cubes. It is a delicious dish that offers sufficient vitamins, minerals, and even protein. Tofu is cheap but delicious dish. It is also a best replacement for meat, and mostly preferred by vegetarians. And like any other side dishes in a traditional Japanese breakfast, it is also easy to prepare. If you want to get warm on a cold morning, learn how to prepare tofu; and it will surely make your day cozy.
- Dashi Stock
- Tamari sauce
Japanese Hot Tofu (Yudofu)
- In a small saucepan, line a piece of yakinori seaweed. And then add the sliced tofu.
- Add enough water covering the sliced tofu.
- Let the sliced tofu simmer for 5-8 minutes over a medium heat. Do not make your tofu bring to boil. Or else, it will crush.
- In a medium size serving bowl, mix the tamari, dissolved dashi stock, and mirin. Stir it carefully.
- Once Tofu is set, transfer it to a serving bowl using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the Tofu with spring onion and katsuoboshi (okaka). (optional)
- Then pour over the mixed tamari sauce, and then serve along with steamed rice and miso soup for a perfect� traditional Japanese breakfast.