A Filipino noodle dish that is composed mainly of noodles, shrimp, shredded chicken and vegetables. It is also known by some as Pancit Bihon Guisado. When making Pancit Bihon Guisado, I typically used our local noodles which is called Bihon. Guisoda is simply referring to the method used in cooking this dish, which mean ‘Saute’.
In the Philippines, a typical menu included during special occasions are lechon, lumpia, Dinuguan and Pancit Bihon Guisado. I was accustomed to the notion that Pancit is a symbol of long life. Thus whenever we celebrate birthdays, Pancit Bihon Guisado is definitely on my list to serve at the dining table. That is why Pancit Bihon Guisado is definitely the dish I recommend to my friends, both local and international as one of the Top 10 foods to try in the Philippines.
I like to cook Pancit Bihon Guisado because I find it easy to prepare and quick too. In less than an hour, you’ll be eating the delicious and hot Pancit provided that chicken thighs are boiled and shredded ahead of time.
At home, I recommend to include sandwich whenever you have Pancit. Aside from eating it alone, you can place it as “Palaman” or stuffing on your sandwich for that unique experience. Today, I will be sharing with you today the easy way to make Pancit Bihon Guisado.
RECIPE FOR MAKING PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4
- 1 pack Pancit Bihon
- 1 pack Pancit Canton
- ¼ kilo shrimps; peeled
- 5 ounces of pork; thinly sliced
- 1 Sausage; sliced diagonally
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 small size onion, sliced
- ½ cup green beans; sliced diagonally
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp fish sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak Noodles in water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set noodles aside.
- Pre-cook Shrimp: Pan fry shrimp over a cooking pan for about a minute on each side. Remove from heating pan and set aside to be used later.
- Using the same cooking pan, add cooking oil and allow to heat. When cooking is hot enough, saute onions and garlic.
- Add chinese sausage and shredded chicken, then add soy sauce. Mix by stirring.
- Add vegetables: green beans, carrots and cabbage. Stir for about a minute. Cover pan and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add Pancit Bihon and Pancit Canton
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pre-cook shrimp. Stir to mix. Continue to cook for another 2-5 minutes covering cooking pot.
- Remove dish from cooking pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot
- Enjoy eating!
Interested in other recipes? Feel free to comment below. Also, let me what you think about this recipe. I look forward to hearing from you