Sizzling Sisig is a dish originated from Pampanga. It is considered to be a Kapampangan delicacy. It is a popular dish especially in resto bars. This is the favorite to-chow appetizer for resto bar goers as it is a perfect blend of savory, and spicy with delicious flavor to love. But nowadays, it has only been served on resto bars but can be served as part of the dinner table as well.
There are a lot of varieties to choose from in making sizzling sisig such as pork, chicken, tuna, bangus, and tsoriso. For today, I will be sharing with you the recipe on how to cook sizzling sis using pork but a good option for some who doesn�t eat pork is to eat chicken sisig instead. The procedure and ingredients are basically the same, the only difference is the meat being used.�
Sizzling sisig is made up of pigs face, snout and ears that are chopped into smaller pieces. Seasoning are also added. Lately, there have been another version, a more healthier one that instead of using pork, they opted to use seafood mixture.
I will be sharing with you a simple recipe on how to make this dish since this dish is considered to be the Top 10 foods to try in the Philippines�
RECIPE ON HOW TO MAKE SIZZLING PORK SISIG
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Serving size: 6
- 1 lb. pig ears
- 1 1/2 lb pork belly
- � pork tongue
- � pork snout�
- 1 pc medium size onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pc lemon or 3 to 5 pieces calamansi (Citrus Fruit)
- � cup butter or margarine
- � lb chicken liver
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece egg (optional)
- In a cooking pan, pour water and bring to boil
- Add salt and water
- Add pig ears, pig tongue, pork belly, and pork snout. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until tender. Once tender enough, remove from cooking pan, drain excess water
- Grilled boiled pig ears, pig tongue, pork belly and pig snout. Chopped thinly into pieces� once done.
- In medium size cooking pan, add onions. Cook for 1 minute or until onions are softened.
- Add ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken liver, cooking and crushing it at the same time in the pan.�
- Add chopped pig parts to the cooking pan. Mix and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, garlic powder and chili. Mix it well.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper
- Transfer to a sizzling plate. To make a sizzling plate sizzle, add oil and a little bit of water to the wooden base. Apply oil to the iron plate and heat over a flame or inside the oven for about 10 minutes while waiting for the food to be cooked. Place the cooked food on the sizzling plate placed over the wooden plate. When oil and water mixes they tend to splutter thus a sizzling sound
- Serve immediately. Note: Add Egg on top of cooked sisig and calamansi. Before eating, mix everything on the plate while hot.
Interested in other recipes? Feel free to comment below. Also, let me what you think about this recipe. I look forward to hearing from you