In this recipe article, we will show you how to prepare a Chicken Tender yakitori (sasami) using easy-to-do steps. Chicken Tender yakitori or sasami is a tenderloin chunk of a chicken breast. Our menu for today is made of tender chunks of chicken breast thread on the bamboo skewers and seasoned with a sweet soy based sauce grilled over an open flame. Enjoy the yakitori inspired chicken barbecue served from your own kitchen.�
- 1lbp chicken tender
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp katakuriko potato starch�
- Bamboo skewers
How to prepare Chicken Tender yakitori recipe (sasami)
- Soak the bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes to avoid them from burning while cooking the Chicken Tender yakitori skewers.
- In a saucepan, add mirin, sake, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Then dissolve katakuriko potato starch in cold water and heat the mixture without bringing it to boil. Let the mixture simmer until its texture becomes sticky and thick.
- Then remove the mixture or sauce from the oven and set aside.�
- Start preparing the Chicken Tender yakitori skewers (sasami).
- Cut the chicken tender into bite-size then start threading the sliced chicken tender onto the bamboo skewers.
- Once finished preparing the skewers, varnish the chicken meat with the mixture or sauce you prepared. Make sure to use a clean cooking brush.
- In this recipe, we will be using the traditional way in grilling skewers using charcoals.
- Then put the chicken tender skewers on the grill.�
- After 5 minutes, flip or turn the chicken tender skewers to the opposite side so it will not be overcooked. Graze the cooked part with sauce.
- Since you are using charcoal, the heat level may vary depending on the amount of charcoal us. Being said, observe the color of the chicken tender color or texture and once it turns golden, remove the skewers from the grill.
- 400″>Transfer the chicken tender yakitori skewers to a serving plate and garnish with the remaining yakitori sauce. If you would like it to be a little spicy, feel free to add shichimi pepper powder. Or you can also put some lemon to taste.