Chicken wings is known as tebasaki in Japanese and even chicken wings can be skewers. Compared to other chicken meat, chicken wings have less meat but so tasty and fingerly delicious when cooked properly. The meat itself if flavorful but it will be much tastier when drip with salty sweet sauce.� In this recipe article, we will prepare a tebasaki skewers the simple way.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 skewers
- 100 ml sake (Japanese Wine)
- 1kg chicken wings tip
- 12 bamboo skewers
- Vegetable oil
Note: The Japanese wine and sesame seeds can be purchased at any Japanese shops.
How to prepare Chicken Wings yakitori recipe (tebasaki)
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes
- In saucepan or bow, add the chicken wings, sake, and oil. Then chill it for about 2 hours.
- After the elapsed time, remove the excess water.
- Then is a medium-size saucepan or bowl, add 2 tsp salt, �� tsp pepper. Set aside half of the mixture for serving, and rub the other half on the chicken wings.
- Start threading the chicken wings to the bamboo skewers. Set aside once done.
- Heat the mini-grill or charcoal griller in a medium heat.
- Then put the chicken wings yakitori skewers on the grill to cook. It may take 5 minutes for each side to be cooked thoroughly. After every 5 minutes, flip over the skewers to cook the other side of the chicken wings until the texture becomes golden.
- Once all the chicken wings yakitori skewers are cooked thoroughly, remove them from the grill.
- Then transfer to a serving plate and seasoned with the remaining salt and pepper mixture.
- To garnish your Chicken Wings Yakitori Skewers, you can squeeze some lemon juice and add lettuce leaves to serve.
- This delicacy is best served right after grilling or when it is still hot.