Chicken liver or also known as reba is rich in iron but is also high in cholesterol. According to studies, 2 oz of chicken liver serving is equivalent to 4 grams of fat, 316mg cholesterol, 94 calories, and at least 2 grams of saturated fat. But despite these alarming numbers, you can?t afford to miss this chicken liver yakitori skewers with its tangy, enticing, and tantalizing taste. In today?s recipe, we will marinade our chicken livers with lemon and garlic. Then serve them along with grilled vegetables like asparagus to make your meal somehow— healthy.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 skewers
Posts you might like
- 1lb chicken livers
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Grill Mates chicken seasoning
- ? cup olive oil
- ? tbsp garlic powder
- ? tbsp ginger powder
- ? tsp salt
- ? tsp red pepper power
- 8 asparagus (optional)
Add on: 2 bamboo skewers
How to prepare chicken liver yakitori skewers?
- Soak bamboo skewers for at least 30 minutes prior so that it will not burn quickly on the grill.
- Marinade asparagus with 1 teaspoon of olive oil in an aluminum foil and then set aside. *optional
- In another medium bowl, add all the ingredients and then rub the mixture on the chicken liver. Afterwards, start threading the chicken liver in the bamboo skewers. Line 3-4 pieces of the chicken liver. Then evenly rub the mixture again on the chicken liver skewers and set aside for at least 15 minutes to marinade.
- After the elapsed time, start grilling the chicken liver skewers.
- Also, place the marinated asparagus on an aluminum foil then grill. (*optional)
- After 5 minutes, flip the chicken liver skewers into the other side and do the same after 5 minutes.?
- For the grilled asparagus, cook it for at least 3-4 minutes only. *optional
- Once the chicken liver yakitori skewers are already cooked, squeeze the lemon. Then garnish and season the asparagus with salt, lemon juice, and pepper.
- You can now serve your freshly made chicken liver yakitori skewers with asparagus. Who could have thought that you can make a chicken liver healthy food to prepare. Enjoy your meal!