Chicken skin is kawa in Japan. In this recipe, we will be preparing chicken skin yakitori on skewers and cook until it becomes crispy. Chicken skin is fatty and full of collagen which make it perfect to complement with cold beer or wine. Check out the information below and let us start preparing our Chicken Skin yakitori skewers.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 skewers
- ¾ lb chicken skin cut into 1nch size
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sake
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Add ons: 12 bamboo skewers 6 inches long
How to prepare Chicken Skin yakitori Skewers (kawa)
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Add mirin, soy sauce, sake, water, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to boil over a medium heat level. Lower the heat while the mixture simmer and begin to reduce its content. After at least 5 minutes, set aside the sauce to cool down.
- Then preheat the charcoal grill and put some oil on the grate.
- Then start threading the chicken skin onto the bamboo skewers longitudinal and slightly bunch the skip up. Rub each side of the skewers with salt.
- Put the chicken skin skewers on the preheated grill and start cooking.
- Flip over the skewers when the texture becomes golden then brush a little tare sauce on the cooked side.
- Cook the other side for at least 5 minutes or until the color also becomes golden. Don’t overcooked the chicken tail skewers, or else the fat will become completely rigged out.
- Once both sides of the chicken skin yakitori skewers become crispy, remove them from the griller and transfer to a serving plate.
- You can use a table napkin to absorb the oil on each skewer before serving.
- Then you can now serve the freshly cooked Chicken Skin yakitori skewers with your homemade tare sauce.