Chicken breast has a similar taste and texture as with tofu. It is among the chicken meat that is harder to cook. But despite that, chicken breast can also be perfect for skewering. Chicken breast meat is from the underside part of the chicken. It is also considered as the expensive chicken meat compared to wings, thighs, and other parts of the chicken because of its white meat plus various health benefits. Its flexible cut can be perfect for frying, roasting, and of course–grilling. Our menu for today is Chicken Breast Yakitori skewers threaded onto the bamboo skewers basted with a mixture ginger, garlic, and soy sauce.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 skewers
Ad on: 6 bamboo skewers
Posts you might like
How to prepare Chicken breast yakitori skewers
- Soak the bamboo skewers for 30 minutes so it will not quickly burn while on grill.
- Cut the boneless chicken breast into bite-size (an inch size) and place the sliced meat in a saucepan.
- In a separate saucepan or pot, add the condiments mirin, tamari, sake, brown sugar, and then minced garlic and ginger.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over a low heat until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- Set aside at least 2 tablespoons of the sauce to be used later, and put the remaining sauce over to the sliced chicken breast to marinade.?
- Cover the saucepan and let it chill at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. (you can also marinate the chicken breast beforehand).
- Preheat the charcoal grill.
- Meanwhile, start threading the sliced chicken breast onto the bamboo skewers.
- Once finished skewering the sliced chicken breast, put the skewers on the grill.
- Make sure to flip over each side after every 5 minutes to cook the chicken breast thoroughly, but be sure not to overcook.
- After all the chicken breast yakitori skewers are already cooked, serve with the remaining sauce and decorate with the sliced scallions.
- Your chicken breast yakitori skewers are now ready to be served!