Chicken gizzard or sunagimo is an organ found on the chicken’s digestive tract. The chicken gizzard meat is low in fat and contains Vitamin B12 that is good for our brain. Aside from that, gizzard also offers other nutritional benefits to our body. Because of that, chicken gizzard is among the popular food all over the world. Chicken gizzard can be cook in different ways. But now, we will be preparing chicken gizzard yakitori skewers. In this menu, instead of using a mini-grill or charcoal griller, we will use the oven to make sure that the chicken gizzards will be cooked thoroughly. Read on.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 skewers
- 1 lb chicken gizzards cut into half
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ˝ cup teriyaki
- ˝ tsp salt
Ad on: 4 metal skewers (you can also use bamboo skewers)
How to prepare Chicken Gizzard Yakitori skewers
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. **if you’ll use bamboo skewers
- In a medium size saucepan, place cut chicken gizzards with water and salt. Bring to boil over a medium heat for at least 40 minutes.
- After the elapsed time, poor the water from the saucepan leaving the chicken gizzards. Remove excess water and set aside.
- Turn on the oven and bring it to heat to at least 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small saucepan, add teriyaki, garlic, and Sriracha sauce. Mix all the ingredients.
- Then start threading the chicken gizzard onto bamboo skewers.
- Once done, put the chicken gizzard skewers baking paper or cloth. The brush each side with the sauce.
- After you’re finished preparing the chicken gizzard skewers, put the skewers inside the oven and cook it for at least 6-7 minutes.
- Once the chicken gizzard skewers are thoroughly cooked, transfer the skewers to a serving plate.