Chicken heart yakitori are good source of protein, Vitamin B12, iron, zinc, and other good nutrients needed in our body. It is also low in sodium, but high in cholesterol. Being said, the consumption of this chicken part should be in moderation. If you?re fed up eating juicy chicken thighs, breasts, wings, and other chicken parts, why not try to make some chicken hearts yakitori skewers? Yes. Chicken hearts is also a good meat for skewering. If you want to know how it?s done, check out the information below.
Preparation time: 5-6 minutes
Cook time: 5-6 minutes
Servings: 12 skewers
- 1 lb chicken hearts
- 3 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Ad on: 12 bamboo skewers
How to prepare Chicken Heart yakitori skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, and mirin is a medium size saucepan, then mix. Then divide the mixture into two servings. Set aside the other half for basting the cooked chicken hearts skewers later on.
- Using the other half of the mixture or sauce, marinade the chicken heart yakitori for at least 5 minutes.
- Then start threading the chicken heart onto the bamboo skewers.
- Preheat the charcoal or the mini grill.
- Put the raw chicken hearts skewers on the grill and make sure to flip over each side of the skewers to avoid over-cooking. Don?t forget to baste each side of cooked chicken hearts skewers to enhance its taste.
- When both sides are golden, remove the chicken hearts skewer from the grilling pan and transfer to a serving plate. Baste cooked chicken hearts skewers using a clean kitchen brush with the sauce you have set aside a while ago.
- Then serve chicken hearts skewers immediately. To garnish, you can also sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions.
- Your homemade chicken hearts yakitori skewers are now ready to be served!