Chicken cartilage yakitori are also among the famous skewers in Japan. This chicken part is reach in collagen that helps to strengthen our joints, and helps in digestion. The chicken cartilage is made of strong tissues or bones that are abundant in nutrients and vitamins, like phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium. And for those who are suffering from arthritis, don?t be afraid to eat chicken cartilage yakitori skewers as these foods can even provide relief from this kind of symptoms. See information below to know how to prepare these skewers.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
Servings: 8 skewers
- 2 lbs chicken cartilage
- ? cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsps brown sugar
- ? tsp squeezed peeled red pepper?
- ? mirin
- 1 cup saki
- 1 tsp minced ginger
Ad on: 8 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
How to prepare chicken cartilage yakitori skewers
- In a medium size saucepan, add soy sauce, sugar, red pepper, garlic, ginger, mirin and saki. Bring to boil for at least 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced into half. Once it has simmered, becomes thick and sticky, set aside the sauce.
- Bring the grill to medium heat.
- Then prepare the chicken cartilage yakitori. Thread the chicken cartilage onto the bamboo skewers.
- Once finished, put the chicken cartilage skewers on the grill and cook for 3 minutes.?
- After the said time, flip over to the other side and brush sauce on the cooked side.?
- Then wait for another 5 minutes for the other side to get cooked, and then brush flip over again to baste the cooked side with a sauce.
- Cook each side for another 3-4 minutes until the texture becomes golden and crispy.
- Once the chicken cartilage skewers are thoroughly cooked, transfer the skewers to a serving plane.
- Then you can garnish or sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper to add taste.
- Best serve when hot.
Also read: What is Yakitori Japanese Skewer and its origin