|COSORI||COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes) Digital Hot Oven Cooker||Check Price on Amazon|
Pizza is an Italian dish that usually consists of round, flattened dough topped with cheese, tomatoes, and other ingredients. It is traditionally baked in a wood-fired oven at a high temperature. The bottom part of the pizza is called “crust” and it can be a thin crust or thick crust.
Pizza is also among the best popular foods around the globe and is usually served in formal and casual settings. The serving temperature of this dish is usually hot, but can also be served when warm or frozen. If you have leftover pizza and want to consume it while it is still hot, all you need to do is reheat pizza in an air fryer.
Reheat Pizza In Air Fryer
Buy it now: Amazon
What is an air fryer and how does it work?
An air fryer is a dresser oven that is designed to mimic frying without soaking the food in oil. The air fryer uses a fan and heating mechanism to produce hot air that will circulate quickly around the air fryer basket or tray.
Air fryers have easy preset cooking modes such as Cake, Chicken, Steak, Fish, and more. Which means, you can set the cooking mode and temperature depending on what your recipes recommend. Preheating the air fryer for optimum cooking is suggested.
The air fryers also come with a booklet which has the basic information on how air frying works and the air fryer recipes you can cook. Hence, using this kitchen equipment won’t be that hard at all.
Air fryer is not only intended to cook recipes, but also to reheat frozen or leftover foods like the Italian cuisine American love to eat—the pizza. If you want to reheat your pizza in air fryer, you should take time reading this post so you’ll be guided.
Things you should know before reheating leftover pizza:
- Thinner pizza needs a shorter time to reheat than thicker pizzas. Thinner slices typically need 3-4 minutes to be reheated while the thicker ones need at least 5 minutes.
- Make sure to put pieces of similar thickness at once in order for the pizza slices to be cooked at the same rate. Thus, reheating pizza slices with a deep dish slice is a big no no…
- The temperatures of an air fryer may vary depending on its brand or model. Therefore, checking the slice of pizza occasionally and adjusting the cooking time is a must.
- Too much oil is no longer needed when reheating pizza in an air fryer. For an extra crispy crust, you can brush a small amount of olive oil on the crust.
- Never leave the reheated pizza unattended. Reduce the air fryer’s temperature when needed to avoid the slices of pizza being burnt or overcooked.
- When the pizza slices are already warm through, remove them from the air fryer.
Reheating leftover pizza in the air fryer oven isn’t that complicated though. But for those who are still new to this cooking equipment, you might need some tips on how to use it especially in reheating leftover foods like pizza. Read further.
How To Reheat Pizza In Air Fryer Basket
The cooking time may take 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pizza reheated. Note as well that reheating pizza may require you to keep an eye on the air fryer temperature as well as the pizza in the air fryer basket. So if you are ready, listed below is the best way to reheat pizza in your air fryer oven.
- Turn on and preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. For pizza with thinner crust, start at 325 degrees.
- Place the leftover pizza slices in the basket of the Air Fryer and ensure that each slice does not overlap.
- Reheat the pizza for 3-4 minutes and remove the air fryer basket to check the pizza’s temperature. Put the pizza back in the air fryer and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the pizza is thoroughly warmed.
Occasionally check the pizza’s temperature to achieve an extra crispy and cheesy texture of the food as if it is newly baked. Note that the air fryer is designed to be opened from time to time without losing its heat, so you need not to worry when you open the air fryer drawer every now and then.
Then serve the pizza immediately after cooking or reheating.
ADVANTAGES OF USING AN AIR FRYER
- The Air Fryer is easy to use. This kitchen appliance is definitely a user-friendly equipment. You can cook whatever dishes in your air fryer. Simply set the cook time and the mode, and that’s it. All you need to do is wait.
- Easy to clean. Since the use of oil in the air fryer is minimal compared to deep fryers, cleaning this kitchen equipment only takes minimum effort.
- Safer to use. The Air fryer has no radiation and therefore, has no potential side effects. It also has the capability to protect its user from splattering oil and heat. And what’s more exciting about this appliance is that it automatically shuts off whenever the set time ends to avoid the food from burning.
- Offers healthier meals. Since an air fryer only requires less to no oil in cooking, there’s an assurance that you’ll prepare healthy food with fewer fat and calories.
Air fryers are often small in sizes, so it won’t take that much space in your kitchen.
DISADVANTAGES OF AN AIR FRYER
- Air fryers are expensive. This kitchen appliance comes with amazing functions and high performance, making it expensive. So if you are thinking if the air fryer is really worth buying, just think about how often you are going to use this equipment and how much you are willing to spend.
- This aesthetically pleasing appliance is also quite small for big families. Most of these fryers can only cook meals good for 2 persons. In fact, this fryer is often used to reheat frozen foods and leftovers like pizza. If you belong to a big family, this equipment may not suits your needs.
- It is also not convenient to use the air fryer especially if you have a limited power outlet in your kitchen. They have short power cables, you might need to use a power plug extension if the air fryer is placed quite far from the outlet.
And that is pretty much about reheating pizza in an air fryer and a little overview about the air fryer appliance. I hope that we have helped you one way or another. Please show us your support but sharing this post. You can also check the affiliate links in this post. Thank you for reading!